Thursday, June 18, 2009

I've been such a slacker..

at blogging. I barely have time to keep up with my everyday home chores, let alone blogging. But, it’s Thursday and I’m sooo ready for the weekend to get here. I'm at home, sitting on the couch doing absolutely nothing, in complete silence. That's right....no TV, no screaming kids, no barking dogs, no ruckus in the kitchen....complete silence. The only noise I currently hear is the AC blowing through the air vents. I know, and didn't I just say I had no time to blog?

I didn't think the work day would ever end today. For the last hour I sat there, daydreaming, thinking about life these last few months and hoping that...

life...would........slow...................down.

It seems like these last few months have zoomed by and consisted of two things...

Ellie's new life and
getting familiar with diabetes,
testing sugars,
counting carbs,
testing more sugars,
giving insulin shots, and
just trying our best to figure out the science of it all.

And....

baseball,
baseball, and
more baseball.

Let me first say that the change in my life is in no way even close to comparing to the change my sweet, preciouse daughter has had to endure. Bless her heart....she's a fighter and a trooper!

And, I absolutely LOVE watching my son play his heart out and become the fabulous baseball player he has become, but it seems baseball has taken over and I simply think it's time for a break!

It's time for...

these never-ending, hours long, every day, heat-enduring, constant baseball practices to end
and....
summer to begin!

Well, I’m not really ready for the heat that summer brings, but just the down-time that summer is suppose to bring, such as....

a little beach time;
relaxing in the sun;
getting a little tan;
listening to and playing in the waves;
wiggling my toes in the warm beach sand; and
simply relaxing...
watching my kids enjoy the ocean life that so many people would only dream of.

I feel like life these last few months has just been passing us by with all the craziness and we haven't been able to stop, take a deep breath and simply enjoy the little and important things in life.

So, with that being said, I'm going to stop my pity party, put this computer aside, go out by the pool and watch my daughter take a swim as we enjoy this beautiful evening together.

Happy Thursday, All....the weekend is almost here!

1 comment:

essie said...

no one
no one
no one
has had to acclimate more than the 4 of you to the redefined life that you are living...
no one.

that said, we ALL need a break sometimes, and the sun...
it's free
it's soothing
it's HAPPY
it's a very good thing!

kiss those babies, have them hug you from me, and yesgo out and enjoy these early summer nights!
with all my love!!!
i miss you!!!
e