Thursday, June 25, 2009

A man on a mission -- which has now become our mission!

Nick Jonas from the Jonas Brothers was in Capitol Hill yesterday to testify at a hearing on government funding for diabetes research. The singer, who was diagnosed with diabetes at 13, shared his story and read lyrics from his song "A Little Bit Longer," which he wrote about dealing with the disease. I just wanted to share some of the lyrics...

Got the news today
Doctor said I had to stay
A little bit longer and I’ll be fine

When I thought it’d all be done
When I thought it’d all been said
A little bit longer and I’ll be fine

But you don’t know what you got ‘til it’s gone
And you don’t know what it’s like to feel so low
And every time you smile you laugh you glow
You don’t even know
You just don’t even know

All this time goes by
Still no reason why
A little bit longer and I’ll be fine.

Waitin’ on the cure
But none of them are sure
A little bit longer and I’ll be fine

So I’ll wait ‘til kingdom come
All the highs and lows are gone
A little bit longer and I’ll be fine
I’ll be....fine.

I don't know if I've ever heard the song, but now I'm intrigued and will have to find it on ITunes and listen to it.

It actually made me a little teary-eyed...makes me want to fight even harder and hope, truly hope, that one day I will be saying that my daughter HAD diabetes.

XOXO

2 comments:

essie said...

jules...
the faith of a mustard seed is all that you need.
believe you will say it
and
one day
you will
i will
and
ellie-belle will.
xoxoxoxox
e

Mamaw said...

Jacob asked if we are going to walk every year and you know the answer to that one...plus even more...for our LITTLE DOLL...
Love Mom