Monday, August 24, 2009

Is it already here...really?

The summer flew by and today came much too quick, but they're off and today marks the official start of the 2009-2010 school year. So, to keep up with yearly tradition, here are the first shots of our 6th grader (do I really have a kid going into middle-school?) and our 1st grader....

Any different from last year? They are certainly growing up... I will upload more pictures later, but I'm at work and these are the only two pictures I got on my phone, so they'll have to work for now.

Although both seem rather excited, we have many new beginnings this school year....new schools, new teachers, new nurses, changing of classes, bus rides, etc... Admittingly, Mommy was actually a little nervous for my two favorite people this year, although I would never tell them that.

With a year full of many new "first," we had one that was a tad more nervous than the other, and I'm sure you can only guess who. I really think our Bubbe was more nervous about the bus ride than anything else. There was a lot of..."what if I miss the bus?" - "what if I forget what building to go to?" - "what if I don't know to get off at the right school?" Yep, he even asked that. Granted, his bus is stopping at Northport too, but my dear son, I think you will know the difference. Sigh...

Todd said he had a mini-breakdown on his way to the bus-stop, but I'm sure it's just all nerves. Jacob's bus # is 2629 and the first bus that pulled up at his stop was 2926. Thankfully, Todd was there with him and discovered that Mommy didn't write the numbers down incorrectly, it simply wasn't the right bus. Way to go, Transportation Dept., and confuse a kid who is already a nervous wreck. Couldn't they of picked a bus with numbers that weren't so much alike? Geez...

As far as the little girl, she told me she was "a teeny nervous, but not like Bubbe." I didn't even have to walk her to her room. We went through the drop-off line and she walked up to the school on her own like a very BIG girl.

Well, I'm sure there will be lots more to tell a little later this evening. For the time being, I guess I will watch the clock and anxiously await for my day to end.

I love you, Jacob and Ellie. Mommy is SOOOO proud of both of you and I can't wait to hear about your day!

1 comment:

essie said...

wow...we can't believe that the number one nephew and the number one niece have started another year of school!
give them hugs, kisses, and all our love!

only 10 more months and we'll be in Myrtle Beach making memories and toasting to another great school year!

aunt essie and uncle tony