Friday, August 21, 2009

The things kids say~

So, it's a hot, summer morning and Ellie's outside running around and playing with her little friend, McKenzie. The next thing I know she comes storming in the door all hot and sweaty asking me if she can have one of the diet grape sodas that her Daddy bought for her yesterday. I check the soda and it contains 0 caffeine, 0 carbs and 0 sugars, so I say, "sure." A couple of minutes later I go out to the laundry room and see both Ellie and her little friend sipping on one of the sodas. Because of Ellie's circumstances, I've learned that it's always important to ask before giving food/drinks to other little ones....you just never know if it's something they can't have. So I asked Ellie if McKenzie's Grandma said it was okay for her to have the soda and, although I didn't know why at the time, they both stood there with the deer-in-the-headlight frightened looks on their faces. I'm sure Ellie's frightened look was because she knew she didn't ask, but McKenzie quickly puts the soda down on the shelf and says, "I can't have it if it's got diabetes in it." All I could do was chuckle....how do you respond to that?

We are leaving soon for our last weekend get-away before school and football starts. I'm looking forward to spending a weekend away with my two littles at the Nickelodeon Hotel watching them get slimed...ha!

Happy weekend to all!

No comments: