yet again. Unbelievably, it is another "first" day of school. My oh my, where did the summer go? I can't believe I now have a 2nd grader and a 7th grader. I started a post last week about our summer and some of our favorite summer memories, but it wouldn't let me post it so I'll have to work on that and finish it up later.
So, as in years past, here are the first shots of the 2010 school year, along with the last couple of years...
So, as in years past, here are the first shots of the 2010 school year, along with the last couple of years...
Funny - I just realized Jacob is wearing almost the same exact colors/outfit as he wore last year, but I promise you it is new.
8/2010
8/2009

8/2008

and then the little one...
8/2010
8/2009

8/2008

And, of course, a picture of the two of them together.
Lastly, don't you just love Ellie's new lunch box?
They both seemed pretty excited this morning. We had a few tears from the little one last night as she went to bed...."I'm scared because I don't want everyone asking me why I have to keep going to the clinic or why I'm eating snacks in class." Bless her little heart... I swear, in times like that, my heart just breaks and I want to cry with her. Actually, I did shed a few tears, but we were in the dark so I did my best to wipe them away as quickly as possible so she didn't notice. We talked about what to say, and cuddled, and wiped the tears, and encouraged her that it was going to be another great year. Thankfully, she woke up this morning saying, "I'm not scared anymore." Whew...
They both seemed to get off to get a good start this morning, so my fingers are crossed and I'm looking forward to hearing the "first day" stories just as in years past.
Even though Daddy is at work, he's officially back on his vacation and I'm sure he's doing the back-to-school dance.
XOXO
No comments:
Post a Comment