my little man no longer believes in the big, jolly, rosey-cheeked guy also known as Santa :( I know he's had his doubts the last few years, but to finally hear him say it made me a little sad. I guess I will miss the excitement of Christmas morning, the stockings, the "Santa" gifts and the wide-eyed wonder, but the good news is I have one little girl who still believes...
What kind of makes me mad though is one of his teachers said, "come on, kids, we all know there is no such thing as Santa." I understand they are in middle-school and probably 99% of them don't believe in ole' St. Nick, but I still don't think that is a teachers position.
In any event, the "believer" walked in the room while we were having this discussion, so I didn't get a chance to go into much more detail. I still want my boy to know that Santa only represents one aspect of the spirit of Christmas while instilling the real reason for the season. With that being said, it's not really an open book for discussion just yet, so no probing for info, please.
No comments:
Post a Comment