Tuesday, August 27, 2013

What are we going to do with Daddy?


I almost missed my opportunity to get my usual first game-day football picture of 2013, but I got it…even though it was at the last possible minute. Jacob lost his morning ride to school (Sam changed his schedule and goes in late), so we’ve been driving him the last few days. I should make his little butt get up earlier and ride the bus, but as usual, my tender heart says "oh, it’s only 5 minutes from the house" and I give in.

So, in normal Jacob fashion, he was running late again this morning. At this point, I think (key work = think) I’ve just learned to accept his very mellow, lax and unhurried attitude, but something I don’t think his Daddy is quite willing to accept just yet!

They walk out the door and a few seconds later I realize I forgot to take a picture of Jacob in his jersey. I tried to catch him outside, but by the time I got out there they were already in the truck with the reverse tail-lights on. A few seconds later, I see Jacob jump out of the truck and Todd's yelling out the window, "it’s 7:15" (I thought school started at 7:21, but I later learned it starts at 7:33). Jacob forgot his football girdle, so I’m running inside behind him saying, "Jacob, I forgot to get a picture…let me grab my camera." He grabs his girdle as I grab my camera and we are headed back out the door. This is our conversation:

Jacob: "Mom, Dad is going to be really mad."

Me: "Oh Jacob, it will take 2 seconds to take a picture."

Todd still yelling out the window: "It’s 7:18."

At this point, Jacob and I are now giggling at Todd as he continues to yell out the window (with people walking by) and this is the picture I snapped. Although it’s certainly not that rough-and-tough picture of a varsity football player, that giggle/smile certainly had a story behind it…

No comments: