Saturday, January 9, 2010

Time to roll out 2009 and ring in 2010

Whew...what a year 2009 has been. So, I'm sure you are wondering...why a bluebird? Well, let me explain. Many years ago Esther gave me this Christmas ornament...



which hangs faithfully on my tree every year; it's suppose to bring good luck. Apparently it is a tradition in many countries to place a sheaf of wheat outside the door on Christmas Day for the birds. If a bluebird is to land upon it, good fortune is believed to fall upon all who live there. Hence, the bluebird on my blog. I could use a little good luck in the coming year. All I have to say is 2010 has got to be better, right?

Well, I've had this in my draft box for about 2 weeks now and it hasn't changed. It was suppose to be 2009 in review, but this is as far as I've got and I don't anticipate that I will get much more done in the next week, so this will have to do for now.

Daddy has officially left us for a week. He is working today and leaves tomorrow morning at 4:30 to go to Vegas. Yes, it is for work, but my guess is they will have their share of fun too. If today and the next 2 days are any indication, I have a feeling the next week is going to be a little crazy for me. To start, Ellie is feeling a little under the weather with what I think may be an earache, and of course it's Friday night, so now we won't be able to see our doctor for 2 days. Jacob had practice today and he has it again tomorrow and Sun., so we are officially back in baseball season full swing. Plus, he has now injured his elbow, and as we all know, he's not the toughest cookie, so I'm sure I'll be listening to him whine all weekend. The first thing out of his mouth was, "am I going to need surgery?" Sigh....

Although I thought it was going to be tough on Jacob when his Daddy left, I'm starting to think that it might be a little tougher on the little one. She's already cried twice today because she misses her Daddy and she's already drawing him pictures asking me to send them to him via text message.

So, although I will miss their Daddy too, I believe I'm going to have my hands full and a schedule that is jammed packed with activities, so hopefully that will keep me a little preoccupied until Daddy returns home.

I think it's going to be a crazy week, but I'm ready. Have a fun and safe trip, Daddy. Hurry home...we will miss you!

XOXO

No comments: