Saturday, May 1, 2010

According to Jacob, the 80's are back!

He asked me for $.50 the other day so he could buy a pair of glasses from his friend. It was one of those things where I heard him, but the question kind of went in one ear and out the other, but yet I still forked over the $.50.

Well, this is what my $.50 bought...



He wanted to wear these glasses to the ballpark this morning, and I was like, "really, Jacob?" Here I am, the Mom, the who should be happy that her son doesn't care what others think, and I'm trying my best to convince him to leave them in the car.

Me: "Come on, Jacob, they are pretty dorky looking."

Jacob: "I don't care....the 80's are back, Mommy."

Jacob swears all the kids at school are wearing these and even "the high socks are coming back." Well, this is all according to Jacob anyways...

These are some of the things I remember from the 80's....

neon or paint splatter fashion
parachute pants
the "Madonna" look
stirrup pants
leg warmers

and....

jelly shoes
friendship pins
acid-wash jeans
big bangs or feathered hair
scrunched socks (usually two pair on each foot)

and maybe the 80's - Miami Vice - Don Johnson - sunglass look, but not so much the stylish eyeglass wear above.

That's my son...gotta love him!

No comments: