As most of you know, our travel team has been through a lot these last few months. With some of our key players leaving to play with some of our competitors, we've had to reshuffle, recruit and rebuild. However, the past is in the past and it's time to look forward. I was very proud of the boys and our "new" team this weekend. We still have some work to do, but considering what we've been through, I think our team did well and it will only get better from here. We aren't the power team we once were, but as long as we can hit the ball, we can win games. I was also happy to see my son develop new friendships with some of the new kids on the team. We have some great kids and so far, drama-free parents....it can't get much better than that!
Here is a quick shot of the team taking their first hardware...hopefully this is the first of many more to follow:
Great job, Worth!
So...wasn't it just yesterday that I was posting about how happy I was with Ellie's diabetes management this past week? Well, let me fill you in on my stressful morning. Since I told on Daddy once before (about forgetting to give Ellie a shot before school), I guess I'll tell on myself. To make a long story short, I woke up this morning to give Ellie her insulin injection to only open the bag and find that her insulin vials were....GONE! It turns out that I left the vials on the bathroom counter in the restaurant that we ate at the night before...which was obviously closed. Needless to say, I missed the entire first game as I nervously sat in Walgreens trying to get 2 new vials filled. Luckily, the pharmacist was extremely nice and helpful. She, too, was a diabetic, so she felt my pain and was doing all she could to keep my costs at a minimum. So, about 2 hours and $150 later, Ellie finally got her shot and was able to eat breakfast.
Me: "I'm so sorry, Ellie, Mommy really goofed."
and my daughter reassuring me...
Ellie: "It's okay, Mommy."
Well, that's my story...another one of those life lesson-learned moments.
Hope everyone had a great weekend. We are all exhausted and so not looking forward to facing Monday morning. Sigh....XOXO
2 comments:
julie-
my goodness!
what a story-at least you didn't leave ELLIE in the bathroom!!
:o)
love you sweetie!
Oh my goodness. What a week end for Ellie and Mommy!!!!!!!!
0x0xx0
Post a Comment