Whew...what a day of baseball. Our first game was at 1:00...
and
it was
not pretty!
We lost 18-1. The boys looked horrible! They weren't on their game at all, looked sluggish, struggled to hit, and all I could think was this was going to be a looonnngg day.
The second game didn't start off much better. Actually, we started off okay, but then it went down hill again. By the bottom of the 6th (we were home team), it was 10-2. It was our last time to add a few runs to the scoreboard and I don't know how, but our boys managed to get their stuff together, started getting their bats on the ball and came back to score 9 runs in the last inning to win the game...11-10.
It
was
very
exciting!!!
Jacob did okay. He had 2 really good hits....both pretty close to going over the fence. He's getting closer and if I could just put a few more pounds on that boy, he would have the power he needs to probably hit it over. Now, it's just getting the kid to eat. Anyone want to help? I'm kind of at a loss. I don't know what else to do to get that boy to eat. Any ideas?
In any event, that was our exciting day. I'm also happy to report that since Ellie's doctor's appointment, and now that the doctor has me focusing a little more on carb-counting, her sugars have been EXCELLENT! With the exception of one test at school, her sugars have not been over 160, which is really good for her! I think we are on a roll, so hopefully we can continue on this path.
Well, that's it for me tonight. It's time to hit the sack and get prepared for our 9:00 game in the morning.
Go Worth!
1 comment:
it sounds like the weekend is off to a good sunday!
hugs and love to everyone
xoxoxoxox
Post a Comment