Friday, April 23, 2010

We made it to Bradenton-

Jacob has a baseball tournament in Bradenton this weekend, so when I got home from work, we headed west for a weekend away from home...a little R&R and lots of good baseball.

As we are waiting at a stop light in Okeechobee, I look to the right and see an old corner store called Root'in Toot'in Whiskey and Wine. We were all laughing and joking about it and this is the conversation that ensued....

Jacob: "I don't like Okeechobee."

Todd: "Why not?"

Jacob: "Cause I'm a city boy."

Really? I never would of thought, but if that's the case, I don't imagine my son will be living in the Fort when he grows-up :)

There were a few more exchanges, but then I hear him say in his best southern, redneck, good ole' country boy accent....

"So do you think your Rootin Tootin 250 can beat my Urban G Cadillac?"

Me: "Jacob, what is Urban G?"

Jacob: "Urban Gansta."

Oh lordy...someone please help me!

No comments: