Wednesday, September 8, 2010

So sad...

Ellie and I were driving around last night after we dropped Jacob off at football practice and decided to take a ride over by Crosstown Parkway and take a sneak-peek at that quaint little place that we will always remember as our first home. It was tiny indeed, and I certainly couldn't imagine living in that place now with all the junk we have, but yet it was a place I found very charming and one that I have to say I was very proud to have as a newly married couple.

Unfortunately, it's not quite so charming anymore. The new homeowners have really let that charming little home go to the pits. It looks terrible and actually made me a little sad to see, so I had to take a picture to send to Todd. It's kind of hard though to get a decent picture as you are slowly driving by in your car trying not to look obvious that you are checking out someone else's home....



Pretty sad, don't you think? I have to admit, it tugged at my heart a little. Oh, what I would do to stroll through the inside and take a gander.

Dear Homeowner: Please take care of that house. We had some wonderful memories in that quaint, charming, little place of yours that we once called "home."

4 comments:

Mamaw said...

Yes, We never forget our first home and the new beginnings of our adult life. Some thing to cherish. But I did love my second one more :)))

essie said...

sweetie...home is where you, todd, jacob, and ellie are

that house was a special place.
it has a place in your heart that no new homeowner can take from you-

trust me...
xoxoxoxox

essie said...

okay and now after closer examination of said photo, what you're REALLY upset about is the
GATOR FLAG
flying over the garage!!!!!!

heh...just had to say it!
love you!!!

Tonya said...

That is pretty sad. You know what I'm thinking....my first home will be my freaking last home. :-)