Monday, March 21, 2011

Funny Story

Ellie and I were driving around town today just enjoying a little girl time. She was telling me about her day and the "mean" substitute she had. Then she proceeded to tell me about a conversation all the girls and boys were having during some down time. I guess the boys decided to take a vote on who they thought was the cutest girl in their class. Ellie said all the boys, with the exception of one, said she was the cutest. This is how our conversation went next:

Me: "So, Ellie, how did you feel when the boys were telling you that?"

E: "I just kept saying I was going to kill myself," as she was shaking her head and smiling.

Me: "What? Why would you say that."

E: "I'm serious, Mommy. All the boys picked me except one and he said he couldn't decide between me and Summer."

E: "So, Mommy....why did you make me such a chic magnet?" And then after a quick pause, she said, "No, wait....I mean a dude magnet?"

Oh my!! I've got one who is about to turn 13 and still blushes when you talk about girls and then I have an 8 year old who constantly comes home with stories about how all the boys flirt with her. I think we are going to have our hands full with this one.

Happy Monday!

No comments: