Friday, April 15, 2011

Sometimes I wonder...

am I being a little to tough?

So report cards came out this week and, once again, my kids made me one super proud Momma. All E's and S's for the little one. Well, if you ask Ellie, she got all E's because she got all E's in the areas that matter...Reading, Writing and Math. She got an "S" in Science, but she said they don't even really do anything in Science so she doesn't know how she got an "S", and she got all S's in PE and Music. I honestly don't think they even give out E's in PE or Music, so I'm happy. ***On a side note, I would also like to share that Ellie had to run the mile in PE yesterday. She actually ran the mile in 8.20 minutes, which I find astonishing. I don't think I even ran an 8 minute mile when I was running every day. She was in first place for her entire class...that includes every boy and every girl. Pretty good, wouldn't ya say? She said some of the kids ran it in 25 minutes??

Now onto the bigger kid...6 A's and one B. Yes, I am SUPER, SUPER proud of that kid. I don't think you will find many kids that can play 3 sports all at the same time and still come home with grades like that...not to mention that he is in all Honors classes and is getting high school credit for the Honors Alegbra class he is taking. Jacob would run from school to basketball, from basketball to baseball, and eventually home to finish up homework. It still baffles me, but he did it well and I'm proud of him. However, he did slack a tiny bit and neglected a few assignments, which resulted in an assignment or two being turned in late, so I strongly feel that B could of easily been an A...he wasn't far from an A. So how does that saying go..."if you want your child to keep his feet on the ground, put some responsibility on their shoulders." This is where sometimes I wonder...am I being a little tough? Yes, Jacob got a little chat from his parents about being a little more responsible and making sure that ALL assignments are turned in on time, but it was brief chat and he was told over and over how extremely proud we are of him.

I couldn't be more proud of our two precious children! I feel very blessed and fortunate to be called their Mommy. Keep reaching for the stars, kiddos, and your dreams will come true! You make us VERY proud!

xoxo,

Mommy & Daddy

No comments: