Sunday, October 5, 2008

Would someone please help me understand....

how my husband thinks it is fair that my son is playing football against kids this size?



Yeah, now you know why I worry every day at practice and game days. Okay, so maybe they aren't all this big, but there are a vast majority of them that are. For the most part, Jacob is having fun and I guess that's what it is all about. Plus, I have to admit that he's doing pretty darn well for being one of the smallest kids in his division.

Here's a supportive sister sporting her Eagles attire....




and a proud Mom supporting her son....



And...the best part of all...we captured our first win yesterday! The team had a very big fan club proudly cheering them on as they walked off the field with their first victory in over 2 years. Way to go, Eagles!!! Here are just a few other snap shots of Jacob's game.

Jacob at wide receiver getting ready for a pass:



Look in the background of this picture and you will see Todd tieing Jacob's shoe without even taking his eye off the game:



Another pass...



Here's a sequence of two pictures where Jacob almost recovered a fumble. Here in the first shot you will see the ball pop out of our runners hand:










and here is Jacob on the ground trying his hardest to recover the ball, but unfortunately, the ref's ruled it a Buc's ball:




Although it's a little hard to see him, here is Jacob running the ball (just look for the ball and you'll find Jacob):




And instead of a game of finding Waldo....can you find Jacob?




They are so happy I think they are about to hold hands :)



and finally....proud Daddy and Son:



We needed that win and I, personally, think that's a good notion of things to come. It's only going to get better from here.

On a side note, the above are more pictures once again taken by my own professional photographer, Matt (aka Mathias Mullins Photography). Ha...that's a joke. I might think he's my own personal photographer, but in reality, he's just a super nice guy doing me and my husband a tremendous favor. As always, we owe you one! I don't think the little lunches and dinners that we keep buying for you are really any consulation for what you are doing for us. Thanks again!

2 comments:

Tonya Hefley said...

I'm glad we came to visit this weekend. It is always fun to hangout even though Jacob and Ellie are always so busy playing outside these days. I'm super happy I finally got to see one of Jacob's games now that he is playing with the big boys. He is holding his own!!

The Devroye Family said...

All I can say is WOW are those boys big that Jacob plays with. Now I understand completely about your worry!

And congrats on the big win! That is awesome.

Cute pics, I love them! Jacob and Todd look adorable, very happy indeed.