about anything and everything that has been going on at "White Oak Lane" this last week or two.
First, another Citizen of the Month for....
I didn't think it was possible to receive any more Citizen of the Month awards, but Jacob surprised us yet again. Now I get to attend an award's ceremony where they both will be receiving an award at the same time...YAY! Jacob's still trying to find out if he ran the mile the fastest in his school. His teacher doesn't think anyone is going to beat him, but he's anxiously awaiting the results.
Then, we got report cards. First, to Jake-Man's....
And then Ellie-Belly's:
I know it's a little hard to read, but that would be straight "A's" for the Jake and all "S's" for E. As I've said before, a Mommy couldn't be more proud or ask for anything better -- VERY PROUD!
Football is officially over. I'll miss it, as I'm sure Todd and Jacob will, but it will be nice to have a little extra time during the week. Here's just another picture of Jacob and his friend, "G", who also played for the Eagles this year.
Despite the numerous injuries that the Eagles suffered this year, many people still wonder how Jacob remained injury-free this season playing against boys this size, but he held his own. Next year he'll be even a little tougher, and a little tougher the year after that. The Eagles wrapped up their season with a 2-8 record, which isn't great, but it's a vast improvement from the last 2 years. They won more games this year then the last 2 seasons combined, so they're getting better. Hopefully next year they'll be even better and it will be their year to shine.
Now that football has ended, I thought we would have a LITTLE break, but not so....we are already back to this:
Jacob's last football game was on Sat. and he was back to baseball on Sun....no time wasted (and that was Jacob's choice). You would be proud though -- for not picking up a baseball for a few months, he played awesome.
Now to Ellie.... The plan is to sign her up for gymnastics in the next few weeks. We may wait until after the holiday's, but we'll see. In the meantime, she went to a friend's birthday party at Build-A-Bear, so here are a few shots from that event:
This is Ellie with the birthday girl, who was also her very best-friend at Sunflower:
Then, on our way out of the mall, to my surprise, she asked to do this:
For those who don't know, I could never convince my kids to sit on Santa's lap, so this is quite a leap.
I guess that's it for now.
Thanksgiving is right around the corner and I'm looking forward to a day full of great times and memories, filling our tummy's with lots of yummy food, kicking everyone's butt in a game of badmitton, volleyball, kickball, or whatever we decided to do, and spending the day with the ones I love. For those that can't be with us, we will be thinking about all of you, wishing we were together and raising a glass of "cheers" to all of you.
Happy Thanksgiving to All~
XOXO
2 comments:
kisses to our family-
kiddos we could not be more pleased with how you balance school. sports, and special time with friends and family!
Ya'll simply ROCK!!
We miss you, we love you, and semd happy thanksgiving thoughts all the way from Germany to Florida
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxxoox
Aunt Essie, Uncle Tony, Pres, Dollie, and Ben
julie...
UPDATE, please...
xoxoxo
moi
Post a Comment