Wednesday, June 30, 2010

WE DID IT!!

Believe it or not, folks, I actually convinced Jacob to go parasailing with me today. He's becoming a little more daring the older he gets. Honestly, it wasn't that hard to convince him because he was, surprisingly, pretty willing to go. All morning I kept debating....should we go or should we not, so I decided to call and get the details. The funny thing is when I called they only had one opening left for the rest of the day and that was at their 1:00 sail...guess what time I called? 12:45! At that point, there wasn't much time to really think about it, so I made a quick decision to reserve our spot, grabbed our stuff and we headed down the street.

Everything was good at first - Jacob was a tad quiet, but in his world that simply means he's a little nervous. There was a sister and brother going before us and the young teen boy was asking Jacob a lot of questions about baseball (he had on one of his baseball shirts), but all the boy could get out of Jacob was very short, one word answers. Although a little afraid and apprehensive, all was good until we got in the boat and I, foolishly, asked the captain, "how high do we go?" As soon as Jacob heard, "oh...about 350-400 feet," he started to get really nervous. He wasn't quite in panic mode, but you could tell he was more nervous...."What? 400 feet?" Plus, it didn't help when the young girl before us came back looking as white as a ghost and feeling sea-sick. The guys on the boat were great...they were laughing and joking with Jacob trying to lighten the mood. All in all, I have to say Jacob surprised me and handled it very well.

I only wished we could of gotten pictures. I have to admit 350-400 feet is pretty high in the sky and even I was a little nervous. By the time we got back to the boat, I thought they were going to have to peel my hands off the bars you hang onto because I had a death-grip on them. I did get to see some sea turtles and a shark.

I believe Jacob enjoyed it, but I do think he was expecting something maybe a little more fast paced. It was definitely a very quiet and serene experience high in the sky, and one I'm glad I got to experience with my favorite little guy.

XOXO

No comments: