Thursday, July 1, 2010

Oh yeah-

I forgot to tell you about our little incident immediately following our wonderful parasailing experience. So as Jacob and I were relishing in our adventurous endeavor, we met Todd and Ellie back at the dock, went to check out these HUGE tarpon fish that Ellie was feeding and then headed back to the truck. Within seconds after I sit down in the truck, Jacob starts screaming and crying hysterically. As I look over to see what's going on, all I could see was the top part of his hand crushed in the truck door. Todd had shut Jacob's entire hand, from the knuckles down, in the backseat door. Yes, I probably panicked a little because at the moment it seemed as though Todd was moving in slow motion as he reached for the car handle, plus it tugs at my heart strings seeing either of my kids in such distress. Luckily, it turned out that he was/is okay. If anything, I think it just scared the crap out of him.

On a brighter note, here are a few pictures from our night at Key West:

(sorry, but I've been trying for 2 days to upload these pictures to my blog and for some reason it's not letting me do it. I guess I'll have to post these later.)

We are now in Coral Springs for Jacob's baseball tournament as our vacation starts to wind down...sigh. It's been an amazing week and I highly recommend Hawk's Cay for anyone looking for a little relaxtion along the Gulf or the Atlantic. The kids found it pretty amazing that they could walk out the back porch and climb a tree that sat on the Gulf water line, yet walk to the lagoon and swim in the Atlantic Ocean. Other than the night we went to Key West, we never even left the resort and we had plenty of activities to keep us entertained from dusk to dawn...we will definitely be going back again.

Well, I guess we'll be heading back to the Fort sometime in the afternoon on the 4th.

Happy Friday!

No comments: