Wednesday, August 20, 2008

It's not over yet...

We went to bed thinking things would be better this morning, to only wake and find that things were actually worse....no work or school again today, yeah! Here are just a few more pictures to share:

Our poor neighbors had a foot of water in their garage...thank goodness their house is on stilts. They even had toys floating around in their yard.




And here are the kids having a little more fun playing in the street....Ellie still in her P.J.'s:




The kids are getting a little antsy and restless from being cooped up in the house for the past two days, so hopefully the remnants of Fay will soon be over and we can get back to our normal activities.

2 comments:

Tonya Hefley said...

Wow I had no idea it was that bad. I remember when I was a kid in that neighborhood and the same thing happened with the flooding. It was actually a good memory, but of course we didn't have any damage.

I hope the kids get to go back to school tomorrow...they may have to have another first day of school!

LOVE

essie said...

wild! wild! wild!

The kids look like they're having a fantastic time, although I KNOW that they both miss school more than words can say-

heh

we love you!
e