Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tropical Storm Fay

School and work were canceled today, so Daddy's vacation didn't start as planned. I've always enjoyed sleeping in the rain, and today was no different. I should of taken advantage of being off and taken the opportunity to get some work done around the house, but that didn't happen. Our streets were flooded, so the kids had a little fun, but I didn't think about taking pictures until later. Jacob went surfing on his boogie board in the ditch, a few of the kids down the street went tubing down a little canal behind the neighbors house and Ellie just ran around playing in the puddles. Here are a few shots that I did get of them playing in the street (sorry, but I didn't get any of Jacob because he was in the house changing into his 3rd outfit for the day):


Then we took a drive on the golfcart down to the bridge and river. The picture to the left is the street just before the bridge. The picture to the right is a house on the river. It's a little hard to see, but the water was up to their house: Then the kids decided to do this, in the rain I might add, to splash some of the water out of the pool, at Daddy's request:





That's about it for our day. Unfortunately for Daddy, school is off again tomorrow, so his vacation will be delayed for yet another day!


No comments: