Today was the first day of school for the kids and as Daddy says, his vacation has officially started. The first day of school went off without a hitch. Both kids came home with smiles, good stories, new friends and Bobcat Bucks for good behavior...what more could a Mom ask for?
Here is a picture of our big 5th grader:
Here is a picture of our big 5th grader:

Yes...you read that right....5th grade! As I've told a few already today, a lot has changed in the last 5 years since Jacob started kindergarten. It was 5 years ago I had to walk him to class for a week watching the tears roll down his face. Today, he ever so politely told me I couldn't walk him to class. I jokingly insised I was, but he kept insisting..."no your not!" Needless to say, he walked to class alone and I simply got a little comforting pat on the back to let me know it's okay.
However, I did get to walk this little cutie to her first ever kindergarten class:
What a strong soul she was today....quite different from my experience 5 years ago. No tears, no "Mommy I'm scared" and no nervous bellies....simply a brave face who walked with quite surprising confidence up to her new "big girl" school. I could tell Ellie was a tad nervous, but who wouldn't be walking up to that big school with lots of kids running around? As I picked her up today, she said, "Mommy, I was kind of ready to come home, but kind of not." She met some new friends...Riley, Madison, Ruby....got quite a few nice complients from her teacher (one for eating all her lunch) and she even got to pick out a surprise from the school gift box (according to Ellie, she was the only one) because she sat "Criss, Cross, Applesauce" and quitely in her PE class.

What a strong soul she was today....quite different from my experience 5 years ago. No tears, no "Mommy I'm scared" and no nervous bellies....simply a brave face who walked with quite surprising confidence up to her new "big girl" school. I could tell Ellie was a tad nervous, but who wouldn't be walking up to that big school with lots of kids running around? As I picked her up today, she said, "Mommy, I was kind of ready to come home, but kind of not." She met some new friends...Riley, Madison, Ruby....got quite a few nice complients from her teacher (one for eating all her lunch) and she even got to pick out a surprise from the school gift box (according to Ellie, she was the only one) because she sat "Criss, Cross, Applesauce" and quitely in her PE class.
Wow...we are off to a good start. If today is any indication, we are going to have a wonderful year with many more treasured memories.
XOXO
3 comments:
So very cute! Now they get to go to their first day of school and then skip a day or two because of Fay. I don't know about Ellie or Jacob, but when I told the students at my school that tomorrow was canceled they all started cheering!
I'm just happy to sleep in again tomorrow...even though my work day starts at 8:45am!
Of course I called the Harrison kids today to find out how their day went and Jacob answered the phone. He asked if I wanted to talk with Ellie too and when he announced to Ellie the phone was for her and told her I was Mrs. Patton. Of course she didn't fall for it and when I said hello Ellie in a weird old lady voice Ellie said Hello Tonya! :-)
It will be funny having Ellie and Jacob at school...but your right no more babies in the house.
Love,
Tonya
woohoo!
The euro-harrisons don't start until next week, but their momma...she heads off tomorrow!
First Grade...permanent status-I'll explain later, BUT it means that ya'll meed to get PASSPORTS now!
Kiss my babies-well-biggies actually, let them know that their Aunt Essie loves them both to death and know that this year will be a very, very special one for the 4 of you!
xoxox
e
You must be very proud of Jacob and Ellie. They look so ready for school.
Post a Comment