Thursday, February 18, 2010

I never thought I would say this...

but I'm actually a little sad today. Although I had an odd feeling this was going to happen sooner or later, I guess I wished it was the latter. Team Worth is officially dissolved and no longer a team. I woke up to an email from Joe this morning informing us of this news and I have to admit, I got a little teary-eyed. Yes, I may of griped every now and then about the non-stop, chaotic, hectic and crazy schedule we had, but to know it's really over...it makes me a little somber and heartbroken. For the most part, Jacob played ball with a lot of these boys for a couple of years now and has developed long-standing friendships with a few of them, so to know that they are all going in different directions makes me a little heavyhearted.

Well, even though I know this isn't something he'll probably even see or read, but a special thanks to Joe for the dedication, devotion and hard-work he put into a team that I believe he had a lot of faith in. Believe me, I know it takes a lot of work to put a travel team together. I also know my son has thoroughly enjoyed playing ball for you, and even though I know he can go play for another team, it just won't be the same...

Sigh...

No comments: