Friday, February 26, 2010

My brother "ercs" me-

Okay, here's the story behind that title. Ellie's class read a story about a robot, so her teacher asked each student to write a short essay on why they would want a robot. Here is Ellie's story (minus the teachers corrections), which is framed on the fridge:

"If i had a robot I would want him to help with school work and I would like him to play with me at my brothers practice. And would like him to meet all my friends, and help me with my chors. And when my brother ercs me he will make him stop."

Oh....the brotherly and sisterly love...I just had to share.

I'm looking forward to a day at the fair tomorrow with my two favorite little people, minus Daddy who has to work. My firm is having a barbeque at the fair, with free admission to the fair and free admission to the Charlie Daniel's Band concert...."the devil went down to Georgia, he was looking for a soul to steal, he was in a bind, cause he was way behind, and he was willing to make a deal." That's probably the only song my kids will know, and that, my folks, is thanks to Rock Band.

Happy weekend everyone!

No comments: