Monday, March 1, 2010

Hello March!

Man, I can't believe it's March already. Where have the past few months gone?

Well, it was a weekend packed full of ....get this...no baseball, but just some good ole' family-fun fair activities....even though I'm dragging today as a result of it.

On Sat., we went to my firm barbeque with family in tow, despite the freezing, cold, wet and muddy weather. The barbeque was okay, but I thoroughly enjoyed The Charlie Daniels Band Concert. The kids elected to skip the concert and take part in the fun rides at the fairway with their friends, which probably was a good choice on their part. I don’t know if they would of made it through the entire concert without me hearing, "Mommy, I’m ready to go." On the flip side, I think all the adults (Mom, Uncle Ti-Ti, Aunt Julie and I) enjoyed watching the fiddler play. It was his first show since his stroke, which I didn’t even know he had, but nonetheless, it was a great show.

Todd seemed a little sad he missed it, so he came home Sunday morning all ready to hit the fair and in my mind I'm thinking...again? But, I know he doesn't like to miss out on stuff, so I put on my happy face and away we went. Ellie had already made plans to go to a polo match with MawMaw, and although she initially couldn’t decide what to do... polo match or fair, fair or polo match... she decided to go with her initial plans and she went to the polo match. Even though we missed her in our "family fun-day," it sounds like she had a good time and even got an autograph by John Walsh. She also likes to tell the story of how she stepped in "poop" while stomping around and replacing the grass divots, despite the previous warnings by Uncle Ti-Ti. Everytime I hear the story I think about that scene in Pretty Woman.

So...Todd, Jacob and I took off for the fair around 1:00 and didn’t get home until 9:00. It was an absolutely beautiful day to spend at the fair. Todd and I checked out all the fair exhibits and walked around as we soaked in the beautiful, sunny, cool and cloud-free weather...enjoying a little "parent" time. Jacob, on the other hand, hit the fairway with his friends and we were lucky if we saw him for an hour out of the 8 hours we were there. However, I was a little freaked out by him roaming the fair with all those creepy "carni's," but I reluctantly agreed to let him go as long as he checked in frequently, and probably more frequently than Jacob wished. But, this brings me to my next subject...my little boy is growing up waaayyyy to fast. Todd and I were discussing it and can remember the day when that kid wouldn’t leave our side and we had to push him to be more socialable, but now I want to reel him back in. It truly makes me a little sad, but I guess that’s just part of watching your kids grow and flourish into the wonderful people that mine are becoming. If I could, I would go back in time just a tad, maybe a year or so, and freeze time. Can anyone help me with that? I can say this....we certainly better take in what little time we can get with that boy as I'm sure those minimal hours will turn into minutes and before we know it, he's going to be a doctor. No wait...that won't happen, maybe the President? Or perhaps even a fireman? Well, I don't know if that will work either since it involves injuries and blood, which we all know he can't handle. Either way, and whatever he decides to do in life, I'm sure he'll make his parents very proud.

I hope everyone has a good week!

No comments: