Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Pocahontas Part II

So, I thought I would have a good follow-up story as to how that headband became virtually horizontal on Ellie's head, but unfortunately I don't. I actually think she's a tad embarrassed by it, but here is how our conversation went:

Me: "Ellie, so what happened with your pictures?"

E: Nothing said, but a little grumble under her breath.

Me: "No, seriously, Ellie, how did your headband get on your head like that?"

E: "I don't know."

Me: "Did the photographer put it on that way?"

E: "I don't know."

Me: "Did your teacher?"

E: "I don't know."

Me: "Did a friend do it, or tell you to put it on that way?"

E: "I don't know."

Me: "Ellie, come on...you have to remember how it got on your head like that."

E: "Mommy, those pictures were taken a long time ago. I don't remember."

My personal opinion is the "I don't know" answer that I kept getting from the little one was short for "I don't want to discuss it." Here's my conclusion...I think the headband came off or slipped off somehow and when Ellie went to put it back on....

it didn't quite...
make it back up...
to the top of her head.

Now how she didn't feel it pressing on her forehead like that...I'm going to go with Ellie's phrase and say "I don't know," but that's the story I'm going with.

On the other hand, sometimes the mystery behind the story is better left unsaid, and I guess that's how this one will remain....

a mystery! Sigh....

No comments: