Sunday, March 14, 2010

Another great success!

Yesterday was a great day for lots of reasons. It was a beautiful day in sunny South Florida and we took part in the Walk to Cure Diabetes in Downtown Stuart along the side with many great family and friends. Although there is still a little time to donate, we topped last year's goal and have collected over $1,700 in donations for JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation):

Way to go, TEAM ELLIE!

Here's a picture of some of those important people that made that possible:



This year's fundraising was a great success because of many reasons-

The many people who were so kind to generously donate to an important cause we find so dear to our heart;

My Mom, who put a lot of effort into our fundraising event and paid for all those specially designed t-shirts out of her own pocket, yet every dime of the money donated by every kind soul went straight to the cause;

My Uncle Ti-Ti, who spent the time designing our very special shirts;

All the wonderful people who took the time out on Sat. to join us in our walk and support the cause once again;

My Mom, Uncle/Aunt and sisters who find this cause just as important as I and recruited donations from their own friends, most who don't even know Ellie;

and many more reasons....

The pics below will lead you through our walk on Sat. I had every intention to set them up in a storyline, but it became too much of a hassle to move all the pictures around and I gave up. So, here's the pictures from our day in no certain order:

First, one of my favorites...Daddy and his little girl:



Two of those special people I mentioned above:



Sorry Ti-Ti, but this is the only picture I have of Aunt Julie, so this is the one that I had to share...hehe-



Here are some of our dear friends who were with us every step of the way through donations and our walk:






Aunt Tonya trying to be funny, but not real sure what she's trying to say here:

Grandpa Bruce, Uncle Mike and Aunt Angie:

Ellie's bestest friend who she absolutely adores, and who is always there to support Ellie, diabetes or not:



Grandpa Bruce, Grandma Chris and Aunt Jackie:


And, last but not least, a picture of our special girl with Rodney, who was the winner of the entire race. I forget the exact time, but I think it was 19:38...or something like that.




Again, I can't begin to express our gratitude and how thankful we are for each and every one of you. We thank you all for your love and support through these crazy, sometimes difficult, times. We will continue to fight the fight and find the cure so that our daughter can live a life free of the many pricks and shots she endures every single day and the life that we all take for granted.

As I've said many times before, I'm so proud of my little girl. Ellie, you keep on fighting and smiling. I have great faith that we will find a cure in your lifetime. We love you, sweet girl!

Thanks again everyone!

XOXO
P.S. Todd already has shirt ideas for next year. His thought....a camo shirt (he says it can be pink and green) that says something along the lines of "hunting for the cure."

2 comments:

Mamaw said...

TELL TODD I LIKE HIS IDEA VERY MUCH AND NOT TO FORGET IT FOR NEXT YEAR.
LOVE YOU ALL

essie said...

kiss that beautiful niece of ours!!
it looks like it was a wonderful day!
xoxoxoxoxoxox
e,t,p,d, and b