Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Random Thoughts of the Day-

Don't ask why, but just some aimless, off-the-wall and random thoughts for the day. I simply thought I would switch it up a little.

1. This whole weight loss thing is disheartening. Granted, I don't exercise every day like I did when I lost all my weight the first time, but I still get to the gym or run close to 4 or 5 days a week and I've lost maybe a pound or two in probably three weeks. What the heck is that all out? I guess it's a sign of getting older, but it's really discouraging...

2. As much as I love them, I truly believe I have two of the sloppiest children. Where did I go wrong?

3. I'm almost 40 and sometimes I feel like I'm back in high school. Come on people, do away with the drama...it causes too much stress in your life.

4. Speaking of high school, our 20th reunion is rapidly approaching and I'm not where I want to be weight-wise, which is discouraging...did I mention that?

5. I use to be such a "neat-freak," but it now takes so much work to keep this house in a some-what of an organized, coordinated and put-together state. I seriously need a maid!

6. Due to this crazy economy, our favorite neighbors, the Barnett's, told us today that they were regrettably forced to put their house on the market, and we are really bummed about that! Does someone want to move? I don't want some nutty neighbors like the other ones that currently live across the street.

7. This is one that I've always had a very difficult time understanding, but why it takes so much effort, or why do I feel we always have to be the ones making that effort, to keep in touch with some people? I just don't get it...

Okay, let's get to some positives:

1. After a little more focus and a little less PS3 time, my son is working hard and is bringing up those grades that he thought we were being so tough about. He has brought 3 of his 4 "B's" back up to "A's," where they should be. Good job, Bubbe! See...we knew you could do it.

2. I was a little nervous at first, but we are doing better in our Walk to Cure Diabetes fundraiser. A big thanks to my Mom, Angie, Tonya, Uncle Ti-Ti and Aunt Julie who have recruited more donations from friends, some who don't even know Ellie. These people have no idea how much that means to us and what a difference they are making. According to my calculations, we are over the $1,400 mark. I think we may be a hundred or two shy of our goal last year (which we got a Bronze Award for), but we still have time...

3. Despite their sloppiness, I have smart, funny, kind and loving children! I feel so lucky, despite the pre-teen years I think my son has officially hit. Oh goodness, please help me when my other one hits this stage. I don't know if Todd or I will ever be prepared for that....

4. Ellie's sugars have actually been pretty good lately. I hope I can keep them that way, as long as Daddy doesn't send Ellie to school without her shot (just teasing, honey, I know you felt horrible!).

5. So very fortunate and blessed that this nasty economy hasn't affected us in the ways it has many others. Even if I asked for a raise and didn't get one, I guess I should be lucky I have a job, right?

6. Soooo fortunate for my Mom who has always been such a big help when we needed it, and in more ways then one ;)

7. Despite my weight-loss struggle, I'm healthy. I had lots of bloodwork done (glucose, thyroid, cholestrol, CBC, etc..) and everything came back perfect! I guess my pancreas is doing a-okay. On the other hand, I was hoping my thyroid was out of whack and that's why I was having problems losing weight, ha! Not really....

8. I have a very supportive and loving family.

9. Last, but certainly not least, a husband who...
loves our children;
loves his job, which provides for us financially;
loves me, which provides for me emotionally;
feels parenting is a team effort, thus, helpful in many ways a lot of husbands are not;
ALWAYS makes sure our needs are taken care of before his own, which is one of the things that I truly love about him;
and many more....

I could go on, but I just realized it's 11:00 and I need to really go to bed...6:00 will be here soon enough.

XOXO,
J

3 comments:

essie said...

julie-
beautiful.
just beautiful.
kisses, hugs, and love to all of you from all of us!

Julie said...

Ah...there is one of my favorite people, the only person who probably reads my blog and makes a comment. Love and miss you, E!

Mamaw said...

I don't comment cause I can't ever get on to do so...See if this works...love ya....