Saturday, February 6, 2010

We are back on the crazy ride!

It's that time of year again. Our so-called sports "break" certainly didn't last long enough...not for me anyways. The spring baseball season is under way and we'll be back to spending every night at the ballfield, or just about every night. I've already made my husband promise that we will commit to having more "us" time than we've had in the past, so we'll see how that goes.

So this year we decided to sign the little one up for t-ball to see how she liked it, and after Opening Ceremonies today, it sounds like she LOVES it.

Here is the first official picture of Ellie in her t-ball uniform...yes, she truly is under that hat:



It was so much fun to watch those little kids run around out there today. For some reason, I don't recall it being quite this funny when Jacob played t-ball. We had kids running every which way and tackling the balls on the ground as if it was a fumble in a football game. That's no joke...there were kids literally piled on the ground. We had one kid hit the ball and instead of running to first base, he decided to run after the ball in the field...with the bat. We had another kid hit the ball off the tee and run to 3rd instead of 1st. It was a very comical show, but more importantly, Ellie had a blast. I think she was most proud of the groundball she stopped on the pitchers mound and then threw to first. It was a good throw, but unfortunately, the 1st baseman didn't catch it. There weren't too many balls that were actually caught out there today.

At the end of the day, Ellie said, "Mommy, sorry I keep talking about it, but I had a lot of fun. I liked it much better than cheerleading." I'm so happy she enjoyed it. Will we have another softball player in the family? Only time will tell...

Sorry, guys, but no picture of #1. I will be sure to get one next time. He's hard to catch now-a-days. I pretty much see him during his game; otherwise, he's roaming the park with his friends...kind of like what I did when I was his age.

That's all I have for today. Have a great weekend and enjoy the BIG game tomorrow. I'm not really much of a football watchin' fan, but my vote is for the Saints...simply because 1.) they've never won a Super Bowl before and 2.) New Orleans could use a little lift after the devastation they experienced a few years back. I know those aren't really good football reasons, but they are my reasons.

XOXO

No comments: