Monday, January 10, 2011

Rumble in the jungle...

or maybe that should be rumble at the ballpark.

I'll tell you the beginning part of this story and then let your imagination run with it.

So imagine this...

We are hanging out at the ballfield on Sat. watching the rest of try-outs. Todd and Dooner (one of Todd's friends) are sitting on one bleacher, Ellie and I are sitting one behind them and then Jacob and his friend, Ryan, are sitting on the bleacher behind us. There is a somewhat large fellow sitting about 2 bleachers down from Todd and Dooner, and when I say "large fellow," I'm putting it kindly. The fellow slowly leans forward to get the momentum he needs to stand up and as he is half-way bent over and a few inches off the bleacher he sneaks out a VERY loud rumble, or as my kids would call it....a toot, or a fart, depending on which kid you are talking to.

Now, keep in mind how most kids find farts to be quite amusing and ridiculously funny. Now picture the faces of two pre-teen boys as they hear this rumble in the jungle. I swear that is the hardest I've laughed in a while. The look and reaction of said pre-teen boys was just PRICELESS!

Although the fellow never looked back, he did say sorry and continued on his way.

No comments: