Thursday, January 13, 2011

Are we ready for that talk yet?

Nope...not just yet.

So last night Todd, Jacob and I were sitting on the couch just chit-chatting and having some one on one time with our son. Although I forget exactly how the conversation started, this is how some of it went:

Me: "So, Jacob...do you feel that you could come to me or Daddy if you ever wanted to talk about...umm...."

Todd: "the birds and the bees."

Jacob: "I'm not interested in that."

Me: "I know you aren't, but I want you to know that you can come and talk to me and Daddy about anything."

Jacob: "I'm just not interested in that yet."

Me: "Yes, Son, we understand that, but we just want you to know that we are open and ready to discuss anything when you are ready...don't ever be too scared or to nervous to ask ANY question. Okay?"

Jacob: "Okay, but I'm just not interested in that yet."

Well then...I guess he's not quite ready for that discussion, so I won't push it. I understand it may take a few times, so until then....

It certainly wasn't long before the conversation skipped right back to basketball, baseball and anything else sports related.

On a different note, he did tell us that he got the highest grade in the class on his Science semester exam...so super proud of that kid!

No comments: