We had 3 colors...pink, blue and sparkle gold. Unfortunately, the gold wasn't quite as wacky as the other two colors. All it did was add sparkles to Ellie's already golden hair.
Next year we are going to go a little more wacky and do something a little more outrageous...maybe a few more wild colors with spikes and mohawks and side-ways ponytails!
On a side note, we went out to another travel ball practice this morning....3 hours worth!! It was different and interesting, but I'm starting to think that maybe a fresh new experience with new coaches (not including Dad) might be a good thing for my son. This new coach is somewhat vocal, an ex-Marine and a personal trainer, if that tells you anything. He was a little tough, yet fun, but I liked him. And more importantly, Jacob said he likes him. I was quite impressed with Jacob today and he proved to me that when he puts forth the effort, he is quite a talented baseball player. The coach pulled me and Jacob to the side after practice and extended a formal invitation to join their team, the Treasure Coast Drillers. He also gave us some info to read about their team, including their mission, which Jacob, Todd and I all have to sign. Afterwards, I told the coach that I appreciated the invitation and for allowing Jacob to come out, but that we would go home and talk it over as a family (since Dad was at work today) and we would let him know our intentions later this week. We weren't home 30 minutes and the coach was calling Todd.
Todd told the coach that Jacob is playing basketball, too....not to mention this is his last year in Little League so he wants to be able to enjoy that final experience. The coach seemed to fully understand and said none of this would be a problem.
Lastly, I sat Jacob down and had a serious talk about this new commitment, his goals and to confirm this is something that he really wants to do. Jacob assures me he is in and ready to move forward with the TC Drillers.
So....strap me in, folks, as it appears we are about to set off for another crazy ride.
1 comment:
Love the hair. You guys did a great job.
Jacob is always going to be a star in Mamaw's eyes and Ellie is my Hero.
OXOXO
Post a Comment