This is kind of how our day went:
We left at 9:30 for Jacob's basketball game at school. That, unfortunately, didn't go over so well. The final score was 44-0. Granted, our poor boys had to play against monsters who were probably a foot, foot & a half taller than them, but it would of been nice to at least put 2 points on the board. It was kind of funny listening to the crowd as the boys would run down the court, shoot for a basket and then just watch the ball slllooowwwlllyyy roll or BoUnCe off the rim....again and again! After every basket the team missed, you could hear "ahhhhhhhh" echo around the gym. Oh well, we'll get them next time, Hawks!
From there, we ran to the bank, pharmacy, barber, McD's and home for a quick wardrobe change.
Then it was off to Ellie's baseball scrimmage game from 1:00-3:00. Although I didn't get to see the entire game, I was so proud of Ellie. She is such a hustler out there on the field and put the bat on the ball EVERY time she got up to bat. Good job, Ellie! It's pretty clear this might be a challenging season for us when it comes to Ellie. It has become quite a chore trying to get her psyched up and ready to go to baseball practice, but on the flip side, once she gets out there, she seems to have fun and enjoy herself.
I had to leave Ellie with MawMaw and then run Jacob down to Stuart for his first scrimmage travel ball game with the TC Drillers.
Here's a picture of Jacob in his new Driller uniform:
I took a few shots of Jacob yesterday with the new fabulous camera I got for Christmas from PawPaw. Although there are too many to post, here is one of the pitching squences I got with my camera in sport mode.
And a picture of the boys just being supportive and cheering Jacob up after a kid just hit a homer over the fence.
We lost, yet again, but it's going to take some time for the kids to get to know each other and learn to play ball together as a team. I have high hopes that it will come around. I did really like the camaraderie amongst all the players. They just seemed to be supportive and had the togetherness and fellowship that I like to see. Crossing fingers....this is going to be a good change for Jacob.
After the game, we went and had some wings with PawPaw and MawMaw and then came home to relax. The evening ended with me falling asleep in my bed with my two favorite people beside me. It was a tight squeeze and probably not the most comfortable evening of sleep, but we were together and so tired that I don't think any of us cared.
Todd came home from work this morning with a Sunday plan already in mind...a little family time at the Italian Festival today. I guess we'll go embark on a cultural journey filled with Italian food, music, art and tradition.
Happy Sunday!
xoxo
1 comment:
Looks like a great new beginning to me. Jacob always does the right thing. ">) Right!!
Post a Comment