Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sunny skies and sandy beach with fruity drink in hand~

That's what I'm thinking about right now. I'm feeling it's time to find a little solace and serenity and escape to some private beach island for a little pampering and to simply get away from some of life's daily chaos. Okay, go ahead and nudge me...wake me up from this dream.

It was yet another busy and crazy holiday season and I have yet to get my house back in order. I can't seem to find the motivation to do that right now, but here we are about to dive back in for another crazy baseball season.

I'm very sad to report that Team Worth has officially dissolved and, yes, it's for good this time. I know I complain about the rigamarole of Jacob's crazy schedule, but I also think it's important for him to continue playing against higher caliber players as it is only going to benefit his own skills. I think Jacob needs that competition to keep him at the top of his game. There are certainly downfalls, too...busy schedules, burn-out factor, costs, etc.. So, the question is, what to do? I just have to make sure that Jacob is in it 100% before we commit to another team. Todd has already met and talked to another travel coach. Jacob went out to one of their practices this week and met some of the players, hit a few balls, etc... and he seemed to enjoy it. Todd said Jacob told him that he wants to do it, but I think I still need to have a little chat just to make sure Jacob does indeed wish to continue playing travel ball and that he's doing it for himself and nobody else....period! Where will the travel ball path lead us? I guess that is yet to be known...

I'm still finding it a little hard to motivate little E, but Todd and I keep pressing how important she be involved in some form of extra-curricular activity. She went to her first practice with her new cleats and new glove in hand, but I can't say she was too excited about it. She is now playing on a Rookie's team with several other girls, so I'm hoping once she gets a little more comfortable and gets to know some of the other girls, she'll be ready to go.

Todd and I both feel it's so important for our children to be involved in some form of activity, whether it is to excel in a specific talent, build confidence, form friendships, or most of all, to stay out of trouble. I hope that this upcoming season is simply a fun and rewarding season for both my kids.

Although that private island sounds very enticing, I guess it will remain a dream for now.

So....off we go.

No comments: